Friday, August 20, 2010

New Meal Plan!

Today is my lucky day! New shoes! New meal plan! Hip hip hooray! Just gotta finish up my meals for the weekend & Monday is a whole new eating plan. Halle-frickin-lujah! If I had to eat one more bite of zucchini . . . Don't get me wrong-- I adore seasoned grilled zucchini. What I don't adore is 5-day old seasoned grilled zucchini re-heated in the microwave. It is soggy. It is limp. It is bleh. But what's a girl to do? You have to meal prep. It is just so not feasible to make each meal fresh, 6-7 meals a day, slicing and dicing and rinsing and cooking. Meal prepping is the only way.
Some meals prep farther than others. I learned I could do cottage cheese & sliced strawberries up to 5 days at a time. But roasted asparagus spears . . . 3-4 days is best. Although it's so easy to make an entire week's worth at once, which is usually what I end up doing. But by day 4, I'm stuck with soggy, limp asparagus. Not appealing. Maybe that's a huge part of why the eating is so darn difficult. Meal prepping. And nuking a once perfect piece of chicken after it's been in the fridge for a week.

Okay, so now I'm feeling a bit mean for being so happy to say farewell to Meal Plan 1 (post-vacation). I must give it a proper tribute. What will I miss the most from this past month's meal plan? Almonds! No nuts to be seen on next month's. I'm guessing this is a good thing because nuts is where I tend to nibble. I mean, who can stop at 4 almonds? Now my fats are avocado (yes!yes!yes!) and olive oil. As you can tell, dear reader, I'm pretty stoked about avocado.

I will also miss my strawberries and cottage cheese, which was the closest thing to cheesecake I'll ever get! It was simple to prep and absolutely delicious. And I'll miss the red peppers, the veggie candy. I'll miss the yummy blueberry-banana protein shake, too. My dear favorite meals, fare thee well until we meet again.

And now, a little sample of some of the delicacies my palate will soon enjoy: a corn tortilla-- O.M.G. a carb that isn't a fruit or veggie! Avocado, as already mentioned. Tuna, oh how I welcome a new protein. And peaches! I always love the fruit of the month. Lots of beans, so better stock up on the Beano. Really, I'm just ready for something different. I'm sure within 2 weeks, I'll be whining like my cranky 5-year-old, complaining, "If I have to eat one more bite of kale!" But until then, I will soak up the joy of novelty . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment