Friday, August 20, 2010

Shoes!

Guess what arrived this afternoon from the friendly brown UPS truck? Yes, yes, yes-- my hooker heels! Okay, so that sounds so trashy. Let's be honest-- the occasion was oh-so exquisite, and the shoes are actually quite divine. I slowly opened the box, delicately removed the tissue paper. Each shoe was wrapped separately in a sheer white gauzy bag, and as I pulled the first shoe out, I felt like Cinderella holding that glass slipper, knowing that this shoe was mine. I think I heard angels sing and saw a radiant beam of light pierce my kitchen ceiling. I've never seen such a pretty shoe.

I quickly unwrapped the second one, pulled all the fluff out, and tried them on. Length perfect. Width to be expected. I have unusually narrow feet, my only body part that belongs on a supermodel, it's so long and skinny. I debated about going a size down; they don't offer half sizes. But I'm worried my toes will pop over the front, and that just looks tacky, right?

Initially, I thought, this isn't too bad. I can walk in these. But the more steps I took, the more I felt muscles in my ankles that I've never used before. Talk about toning shoes!

So the advice I had received about walking to the mailbox . . . Trainer Jill gave me even better advice. Do NOT wear these shoes on asphalt/cement. They will get shredded; they will look used and abused. Practice on carpet, any surface that will not damage the shoes in any way. So, sorry, neighbors . . . no free shows! Unless you'd like to come over and sit on my couch; I will happily strut myself. Because that's what these shoes make you want to do.

I am in love with my shoes. Fondling my pretty shoes, I momentarily forget how hard this eating plan is and just think, yes, it is totally worth it to have a good excuse to buy these shoes. Luckily I did my homework and found the same shoes Christine Marsh Designs has for $75 at Fitness Pro Direct for $44. Maybe I shouldn't share that info; now you're all going to run out and order these shoes so you can feel as tall and pretty as I feel walking around my house :) Alas, if I've started a new trend, let it be! All women should feel like a supermodel sometimes . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment