Saturday, October 16, 2010

This Is It!

Yes, aptly named blog post, for this may well be my final show ever! The jury is still out about whether I'd ever want to do this again. It's so much hard work and sacrifice. And most people think you're crazy or conceited. And then you actually get on stage, and bam, it's over. And no trophy. Have you ever had that nightmare where you're totally naked in front of a crowd? That's what it feels like, standing in that tight pose on the stage, lip twitching as you struggle to maintain a smile. So when people ask me if I had fun, I'm not sure "fun" is the word I'd use . . .

But today I'm determined. To have fun. So when people ask, I can say, "Why, yes. Yes, it was FUN!" Even when I walk away with no trophy. At least this time, I've got the nerves out. I know what to expect & what the judges might like. My suit is blingier, my hair will be bigger, my tan darker, my poses more confident.

Pep talk over. Better start getting ready! Wish me luck, dear readers . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment