Sunday, April 18, 2010

It IS Worth It!

Okay, so my last post I was feeling grumpy and sugar-depived. But this morning I weighed in: 119.3. Wow!! The last time I weighed less than 120 was a few years ago after a bout of the stomach flu so bad that I actually vomited for the first time in 17 years. (I suffer from emetophobia, the fear of vomiting and choking, after almost dying at age 10 from choking on a hot dog. Usually, it doesn't matter how nauseated I feel, my body will NOT throw up. But I digress, and how badly! Yuck, forget I ever said anything . . .)










Anyhoo, 119.3. I celebrated by taking some more "during pics".


As you can tell, I have NOT met with a pose coach. And because every member of my family was busy, I was using the 10 second timer on my digital camera. Occasionally, my 8-year old daughter walked by and shot one for me, but those were all blurry. Apparently 8 year-olds aren't known for their steady hands. Other than cropping and color fixes, I did not alter these photos at all, so forgive the stretch marks. Just keepin' it real, people.


Not sure if any women with stretch marks actually compete in figure competitions, because I don't think a spray tan would hide those. Duct tape? But if you've seen the itsy bitsy size of those string bikinis (which leads me to wonder why they cost so much since obviously so little fabric is actually required), well, I seriously doubt there's room for magic tape.



Trainer Jill has me listing questions I have for her; maybe I should ask her about this . . .

I also celebrated this joyous occasion by REALLY having a cheat. Two chocolate chip cookies and one small scoop of vanilla ice cream. Not just a nibble, but the whole entire cookie. Sadly, it was a break and bake because I knew if I made homemade I'd eat all the batter first, so the cookies weren't all that tasty. And they were slightly overbaked, despite my shortening the called-for bake time by a couple minutes. Oh well. Next time my cheat will have to be at book group, where other women who know how to bake are serving dessert!

Until next time . . . here's two more pics:


2 comments:

  1. congrats you look great...but then you always do to me even with your holiday sugar attacks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're awesome Christy! Congratulations on all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete