Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Queen of Beano

Okay, I promised some more TMI, and here it is . . . this new diet has its side effects. Besides weight loss, more defined muscles, and feeling cleaner, it does have one big negative side effect: gas & bloating. Luckily, I've learned to nip it in the bud with 3 Beanos with every meal. I'm going through 12-15 Beanos a day-- I should buy some stock! My maiden name is "Rabino" and I always hated being called "Beano" in high school. But now, I must accept this nickname proudly. I love that stuff!

What good is all the weight loss, if by the end of the day, I looked 4 months pregnant? I'd pop some Gas X and within 30 minutes, I had deflated. Deflation is not pretty. I'm talkin' stinkiest toots ever. And some unique yoga poses to get those toxic gases to escape as quickly as possible. The hubby was not too thrilled with me. My love life truly suffered. Until Beano, baby.

So I know some lady friends who absolutely refuse to pass gas in front of their husbands. Some have been married for over 30 years, and have yet to let a toot escape in front of their man. Am I uncouth?? Because I don't understand how it's okay for your hubby to witness you push a fetus out of your vajayjay but you have qualms about lettin' a little gas out. My hubby's my BFF; he actually IS the only person, besides my sisters, who I WOULD pass gas in front of. That's love, baby. Take me as I am, and I take you as you are. Pure honesty. I do give him a heads up, sometimes. But if I had to leave the room every time I had to toot, we'd have to spend entire evenings apart! Just keepin' it real, people. Please comment if you agree with me. Or completely disagree with me. I'm super curious as to the statistics regarding spousal flatulation.

So here's an updated pic, sans bloating . . . compare to the before pic.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with you! And I recall some shared toots when we were in HS, so I now feel loved ;) It is a natural part of life. Not that people should whip it out as often as they can in public, but it is a bodily function, not some scary secret we have to hide!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is an herbal tea that I swear by called Stomache Ease, (Yogi brand) that is even more magical than Beano!!

    ReplyDelete