Wednesday, March 17, 2010

2 Days Down

I have officially survived two days of my diet. By morning 2, those hard-boiled egg whites were already making me gaggy. I need to get more creative with egg white preparation. Surprisingly, however, I don't feel like I'm starving. In fact, by my last meals of the day, I feel almost full. I double and triple checked the serving size of my George Foreman-grilled mahi . . . that's a big chunk of yummy fish for only 100 calories, no fat, and tons of protein! With all the raw veggies on the side, I was totally stuffed. For a moment I thought, surely I cannot lose weight and feel this full. But then I realized that's the beauty of this diet-- it's not how much you're eating, but WHAT you're eating and WHEN.

Don't get me wrong. When my kids asked me to dish them up some chocolate ice cream, I was silently cursing. The cruelty! My kids, by the way, are loving this diet thing. So far for dinner, they've eaten cereal and waffles. Yes, I had to butter, syrup, and slice those waffles, and I did so without slipping a bite onto my sugar-deprived taste buds. Even their cereal looked like a bowl full of heaven. But when I set my mind to something, I do it, and I certainly wasn't going to fail on day 2 for a few seconds of Chocolate Cheerios bliss.

Another surprise. I stepped on my scale this morning, even though she recommended once a week, it's just too easy-- my scale is right there in my bathroom, and seems a temptation that isn't too terribly dangerous. And I had already lost 2.1 lbs in 2 days. It's for sure not water weight, because I've been drinking a gallon of water a day! I am peeing like I mean business, urgent business. Don't be surprised if you see me in Target packin' a Camelbak. Because shopping at Target is serious business, too.

Well, the laundry calls, and so does my 5 pm meal . . . more posts to come . . .

2 comments:

  1. i did hard boiled egg whites for a long time, and after about a week, you don't really taste the bleck-ness of them anymore lol. keep going :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, heather! i'll hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete