Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 6

Survived a week. Now have to survive the weekEND. Starting weight: 127.2. Current weight: 124.6. Likin' what I see! Thought I was doing perfect with the diet, but after a friendly reminder from Jill to watch my sugars, I've realized I'm still getting too much sugar. That single slice of Sara Lee Delightful bread may only have 45 calories but it does have 1 gram of sugar, as does my protein powder, almonds, and oatmeal. Skim milk has 12 grams, but I haven't had any of that yet. Milk, greek yogurt (bleh!), and cottage cheese are my "last resort" protein items. I guess when I get utterly sick of sliced turkey, mahi, and egg whites that bitter-sour greek yogurt might taste better!

Okay, so unexpected side effects of this new regimen: improved flexibility! I figured that by upping the intensity of my weight training that I would get tighter. Not so. Check out my splits (haven't done those babies in a long time!).

My advanced yoga poses are getting easier because of my improved upper body strength. Surprisingly, my shoulders (which are one of my recurring injury issues) have been feeling better. My wrists feel stronger. Not sure if I should attribute this to just the amped up weight routine or the increase in protein intake or the massive amount of water I've been guzzling or everything combined. Whatever the clever culprit, I'm excited about these improvements.

I love feeling stronger!


No comments:

Post a Comment