Sunday, March 14, 2010

My Last Supper


Yesterday was such a cold, crummy day, I would've been fine to eat cereal and curl up by the fire. But the hubby had to return a redbox movie, and Bajio's was right there. He offered to pick up some dinner, one last luxury meal before the diet starts. He knew what to get me-- my usual: the chicken green chile salad with mango salsa, pico, no tortilla strips, no cheese, but bring on the creamy dressing. I ate it all, even the tortilla on the side. Licked that aluminum plate-bowl clean. I realized, though, besides the dressing and tortilla, that meal wasn't too sinful. Mostly lettuce. And chicken. The dressing was the true guilty pleasure, and so I really ate it up. Topped it off as one should any spicy meal. Chocolate. Those delectable dark chocolate pomegranates from Costco. Ate a whole serving, then groaned in mild remorse. Good. It'll make me really happy to start this diet and feel clean.
For breakfast today, I killed two birds with one stone: played the role of Perfect Mommy while savoring one more pre-diet delight-- made pancakes. Whole wheat banana pancakes, topped with Brummel & Brown and powdered sugar. See pic.

I'm actually feeling ready to say good-bye to all these "last meals" & get started with it already!

No comments:

Post a Comment