Sunday, March 14, 2010

Eggs!

For those of you who know me, you know that I am a softy, with a compassionate heart and passionate ideas. I love animals. I love the earth, the universe, the chi, the prana, and all that good stuff. I am not against eating animals, because all creatures must die at some point. But I am against cruel lives, because every creature deserves a happy life and a purpose-full life. This is why I prefer to purchase organic cage free, vegetarian-fed chicken eggs. Yes, they're more expensive, but this hasn't been a problem in the past, because we don't eat eggs all too often.

Until now . . .

This diet has placed me in a predicament. I will be eating about 8 hard-boiled egg whites a day. I already have a plan for those egg yolks. They go to my mischievous but can't-help-but-love labradoodle puppy Kai. Hopefully it will make his black wavy coat shiny and silky. But can I afford to keep buying those happy chicken eggs? The miserable chicken eggs are so darn cheap!

On the other hand, I will be saving a lot of money from not eating out and not eating much. Perhaps I can afford to divert those funds straight to my egg account.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Christy, that's alotta eggs! But I'm excited to see how things go for you. I dislike peeling eggs also but found if they're "older" eggs they tend to peel easily. That's my 2 cents' worth. :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy,

    We have chickens...if you get into a fit about free range organic happy eggs, let me know. Maybe I could get some to you. Or even better, you could build a pen and get some of your own for Easter...LOL!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete