Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 16 . . . Anything but "Sweet"

Again, blogging as my diversion. The hubby is eating Costco sushi, and yes, it looks really, really good, despite being pre-packaged! I'm boiling eggs and silently swearing. I wish my kids would keep the pantry doors closed; I'm always going behind them closing it, trying to avoid direct eye contact with pita chips and Peanut Butter Capn Crunch. I've done this so many times that the handle fell off yesterday. Tried to screw it back on, but the threads are shot. Decidely, the pantry is overused and abused. But not by me. I've realized that everything I can eat must come from the fridge-- fresh vegetables, a few fruits, egg whites, sliced turkey, frozen mahi, salmon, and chicken. My dear hubby, who finds it painful to actually move items around in the fridge to find what he wants and loudly insists it's not there because he can't see it, actually hit the appliance outlet this weekend. He came home with a refurbished fridge for $100.

So my new old fridge sits happily humming in my garage, storing my Costco-sized bags of fresh broccoli, strawberries, grapes. The hubby threw in some sodas, luckily not a temptation whatsoever to me-- I've always hated carbonation. Besides his munching on potato chips at 9 o'clock at night (and eating sushi in front of me), the hubby has been quite supportive, hence the new old fridge. He isn't always so supportive of my crazy endeavors ("why do you have to spend so much on . . . shoes/socks/zoot suit/bike rental/race fees?" "do i have to drive 3 hrs to watch you run in a marathon?") but this time he is. He likes that for once, I'm asking him for input and advice. "Which protein powder has the least carbs and fat, honey?" "What do you mix in your shaker bottle?" "What load and reps do you do for this muscle?"

When I look at him in despair, complaining that my 2-week pics look the exact same as my before pics (which is why I haven't posted them yet!), he reminds me that he can tell. When I whine that I want to eat what everyone else is eating, he tells me that nobody else has my hot body. He's doing a mighty fine job supporting me and keeping me going. And I need it!

Despite the pics not showing a difference, the scale says I've lost. My belt, which is usually on the 3rd hole, is now on the 4th hole. The changes may not be noticeable yet to others, but they're happening. My biggest fear, is that when all is said and done, my body hasn't changed much. I will have nothing to show for my sacrifice, hard work, and tears! I'm clinging to this image of my "figure body" as my end result. What if it doesn't come?

Hopefully I'll have worthy pics to post after week 3. Stay tuned . . .

2 comments:

  1. don't you worry...every bit of sacrifice, hard work and tears WILL be worth it. Ry is right...no one has your hot body and it's so freaking inspiring to hear about all you do to take care of it. SO...what I'm trying to say is you will always look amazing and in the mean time you are helping so many others become what you already are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, jechelle-- you're a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete